While tying shoelaces may seem like a straight-forward task, you’d be shocked to learn that there are several different methods to tie shoelaces. Some are easier than others. It is important to correctly tie your shoelaces before going for a run, playing football, or simply going about your day. Tripping on a loose lace at the wrong time could lead to severe injury. Here are 5 easy ways to tie your shoelaces.
The standard knot is the most common and easiest method. It’s also the most common method taught to kids, so it’s great for beginners! Follow these simple steps:
- Set the shoes down on a flat surface and make a simple knot
- Create a loop using one of the laces
- Wrap the other lace around the loop with your other hand
- Form another loop by pulling the shoelace through the hole
- Hold both loops and tighten them.
Bunny ears Technique
Bunny ears are a great way to tie your shoelaces. It’s a simple method that is easy to learn, easy to do, and very fast! If you’re in a hurry or don’t have time for anything fancy, bunny ear shoelace tying will get the job done quickly. Follow these steps:
- With one of the laces, create a “bunny ear” loop
- With the remaining lace, create a “bunny ear” loop
- With the “bunny ear” loops, tie a basic knot
- Tighten the “bunny ear” loops.
The circle method is a way to tie your shoelaces that makes them into an actual knot. It’s very easy and quick to learn, but it takes some practice before it becomes second nature. Here’s how to do it:
- Put the shoes down on a flat surface
- Make a regular knot
- Tie another knot, but this time doesn’t tighten it
- Put one shoelace through the circle
- Insert the second shoelace into the circle
- Tighten the loops.
The lattice method is another easy method for tying laces. This method works best for people with smaller feet, whether they are children or adults. Follow these steps:
- Put the string from the last eyelet on the right into the fourth on the left
- Put the same string through the next eyelet and over to the second eyelet on the right
- Take the same string and move it up one on the right
- Cross over to the next top one on the left
- Repeat the same for the other string on the left side.
The bow tie is a variation of the standard knot. The method follows the same process as the tying of a bow tie. If you’re still lost, follow these steps:
- Straighten both ends of the lace
- Form a loop with the right lace, pressing your finger in between to keep it in place
- Bring the left lace through the little loop.
We hope these steps helped!
Kalsi Cords is a reliable online platform that brings in a wide collection of braided cords, shoe laces, elastics, and a lot more. Visit today.